Black X Ranch
Black X Ranch was founded in 2006 and is a Registered Brangus and Angus breeder located in Georgia. We have commercial operations located in Mississippi and Georgia. BXR offers Elite Registered Brangus, Composites and Ultra Blacks via embryo transfer using our battery of owned semen sires. You will find our elite genetics in Registered ranches across the country. We are proud members of the American Angus Association, IBBA, American Cattle Breeders Association and American Hereford Association. Van Hardin founded the Power Source Genetic Alliance in 2017 to help other member ranches market their registered animals.
THE GGPP 50K is a new generation genomic profiler. Over 10 years of genomics research is distilled in the new GGP 50K. Detects gene markers that have the greatest influence on economically important traits and the most impact on key traits that cattle inherit from their parents. Designed for Bos Taurus and Bos Indicus influenced cattle.
- Modern Predictions. The GGP 50K enters the market just as breed associations are adopting “single step” genomic predictions, which benefit from the added genomic information.
- Smart Design. Unique measurement of density, spacing and information content from single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) along key regions of all 30 cattle chromosomes.
- Value Add-Ons. Contains over 100 “causative” markers for a variety of economically relevant genetic conditions.
- Global Parentage Traits. Uses all USDA and globally recognized ISAG parentage markers for Bos Taurus and Bos Indicus cattle.
THE GGP HD-150K The most powerful commercial seedstock profiler ever.
Up to 150,000 genetic markers are built into the GGP HD-150K. This is the new gold standard of the Industry.
- The GGP HD -150K provides more extensive data than any other commercial profiler. The result is a higher accuracy you can use for Elite animals.
- Unique Content. Working with researchers globally, we include the most impactful new markers for cattle performance, reproduction and progeny. The GGP HD-150K detects gene variations that are not revealed by other products.
- Elite Animals. Researchers will use this technology to test training populations and design new tests for the future.
Genetic Health and Conditions
To save you time, GGP profiles are also designed to detect many genetic conditions. The GGP HD 150K comes with built-in detections of many genetic abnormalities and conditions in breeding cattle, including:
- Coat Color Dilution (DL)
- Development Duplication (DD)
- Dun (DN)
- Hypotrychosis (HY)
- Idiopathic Epilepsy (IE)
- Neuropathic Hydrocephalus (NH)
- Osteopetrosis (OS)
- Pulmonary Hypoplasia with Anasarca (PHA)
- Tibal Hemimelia (TH)
The GGP HD 150K contains all of the globally recognized USDA parentage markers. Using this standard, any breed of animal tested will be eligible for consideration as a parent or progeny.
The GGP HD 150K uses tens of thousands more markers than any other test.
Using the active genes plus denser coverage translates into more Power to predict cattle and progeny performance. All Power Source Genetic Alliance Herd Sires and Donors are GGP HD 150k tested to give our customers that Power to build their herds with confidence.
Power Source Genetics “Power Up”